Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, August 26, 2005

R...A...M...B...L...I...N....


Ramblin'....

(I think, perhaps, you need to be of a certain age to get the reference.)

Shhh. Don't tell anyone. The sun was out in my neighborhood yesterday. For the first time in 3 1/2 weeks. Don't want to jinx it.

Interesting bus ride home yesterday. First, a woman sitting behind me apparently had a bag full o'fish. (I'm basing this on the delightful aroma that tickled my nose after she boarded.) Then, the driver stopped the bus to say that someone sitting near the front of the vehicle had, in her words, "had a BM on himself," and would have to get off, because the smell was making her ill. Yes, people, a passenger shat himself on my commute home. A "gentleman" quickly got off. Then the aroma wafted toward the back of the bus. FABULOUS.
A short time later, someone wearing waaaaaaaaay too much cheap cologne boarded and stood near me. It's a wonder I didn't vomit. It was a panoply of olfactory challenges, the entire ride home.

You'd think I'd avoid all commute nastiness by driving in this morning.
You'd be wrong. I got stuck behind a garbage truck for a couple of blocks in Chinatown. That.... was NASTY.

Having said that, this is the first day this week that I haven't felt like cold, sharp stakes have been shoved into my brain via my sinuses. Yaaaay!

CNN was most disappointing last night. Every time I tuned in, they were airing regular programming (Larry King? I think not) and NOT the wall-to-wall hurricane coverage I was hoping for. I guess a Category One storm doesn't warrant it. Damn. (And I so wish I'd been clever enough to headline yesterday's post "Katrina and the Waves." Or to say that Floridians were NOT walking on sunshine. Nice, Angela...!)

Happy Friday!

->