Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Just call me...

...Croaky McCroakerson.
(my friend and colleague Joe suggested "Croakie Roberts...")

I have completely lost my voice. I can manage a squeak now and again, but I sound like a boy going through puberty. It's really frustrating for me, since I am quite the Chatty Cathy. I am a Gemini, after all. My mom used to tell me I had diarrhea of the mouth. I was always in trouble in school for talking in class. And when you work in the communications business, it's helpful to be able to, you know, communicate.

I think my colleagues are relieved, though, as they're getting a break from my usual sarcasm and snarky commentary.

The weird thing is that I still feel okay. I've had many, many bouts of strep and bronchitis over the years -- even pneumonia, once -- all of which knocked me on my ass. I don't feel like that at all right now. It's very odd.

This crud didn't stop me from seeing Billy Crystal's "700 Sundays," which has just opened in San Francisco. What a great show. It's an amazing piece of work, with Billy on stage for the better part of 2 1/2 hours. I laughed, I cried. Not a cliche, in this case.

Off to get some more tea...

->