Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Words to live by...

I really love it when I cut myself shaving, and don't realize it until I'm getting off the elevator at work, and spot the small pool of blood on the back of my leg. Nice.

Anyway.... when I was whining about my sinus issues last week, my dear pal Kimmy passed on this horrifying tale, involving the child of a friend of hers:

"years ago, noreen put her in her room for a nap. she came up later to check on her, and several parts of her beloved blankey were nowhere to be found. hmm. interesting.
several days go by. still no "favorite blankey remnants."
the daughter is now starting to get really sick....fever, listless, etc.
she takes her to the doctor... who finds nothing.
she takes her in again, nothing.
she now goes to an ear nose throat guy who finds out....TADA....she has impacted sinuses. SHE SHOVED HER BLANKEY ALL THE WAY UP INTO HER SINUS CAVITIES! he said he'd never seen anything like it. "

(It makes my sinuses hurt just thinking about that.)

"the moral of the story? be happy that you don't have a blankey shoved up your nose."

I will try to remember that whenever I'm feeling blue.

->