Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, November 03, 2005

An evil holiday...


Hallowe'en should be banned.

My concern is not the pagan-worship blah blah blah aspect of the day. Nor am I terribly bothered by the pressure to come up with a clever costume.

No, my problem is the piles of leftover candy that end up at work.

I know. Just say no. Mind over matter. I have the power.
And in truth, I'm allergic to a lot of it, so much of the time, I can just ignore it.

But today, a bunch of candy turned up that contains no gluten...and I think I've had about 500 little pieces of chocolate. Give or take 100. My tastebuds have been numbed by all the sugar.

Hey, can I just say I've been experimenting to see how I'll react to chocolate, since I seemed to be having some issues last week?
That's it! I'm stuffing my face with mini Three Musketeers and Hershey bars in the name of science.

Yeah. I think I know what that "battle" mentioned in my horoscope was about -- me and my willpower.

Well, the "good" news is that I don't feel like puking, like I did last week....
I guess that's good...

2
At 03 November, 2005 16:33, Blogger Angela said...

I just raided Ole's halloween candy after seeing that Laffy Taffy... I am a bad, bad mom.

 
At 03 November, 2005 23:43, Blogger Jon said...

I am with you 100%. I have 2 huge piles of candy in the house that I have no idea what to do with. I am going to have to take some to work.

Terry, you need to adjust your profile. Your counter and view site stats is covering your picture.

Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->