Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Damn...


I have failed.

You see, the delightful Stephen Colbert is coming to San Francisco in January for a speaking engagement.
I was trying to get him to come into our station for an interview while he's here.
No, I'm not trying to stalk him.
Well, maybe a little.
Not really. This was a serious, professional request. Really.
I would have considered it a major coup if we'd gotten him, because, well, he's grippy.
I just got the big "N-O" from his publicist.
Damn. Damn damn damn.

All is not lost, however. This is Friday for me! I'm taking tomorrow off to play tourist with my friend Sherri and her daughter, Anais, who has lived in the Bay Area for all of her 13 years, and has never done the cable car-Union Square-Fisherman's Wharf thing. Never. It's criminal! So we'll be running around town, eating sundaes at Ghirardelli Square and seeing the sights that we city residents rarely visit, because, well, they're all touristy and stuff.
We'll also be making at stop at the elevator in the St. Francis Hotel, because Anais couldn't quite understand why her mom and I used to ride it for fun when we were poor college students looking to entertain ourselves in a pricey town.

And tomorrow night, I'm going to the opening of Cirque du Soleil's new show, Corteo.
So it may not be Good Friday... but it will be a good Friday for me.

->