Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Kinda wishing I had been the victim of identity theft...

Ever feel like you're out on a really long limb?
One that's really, really weak, and close to breaking? And when it does, it would drop you into a huge gaping maw of horror?
Yeah.
That's where I am right now.
And the worst part is I only have myself to blame.

A neighbor knocked on my door last evening, asking for help in finding the circuit breakers for the building. PG&E had cut her off, because she was behind in her payments, and she'd just gotten caught up and had to flip the switch herself to get her power back on.
Funny timing, for a kindred spirit to show up at my door.

2
At 07 October, 2005 02:57, Blogger Michael B said...

what the heck's a maw???

 
At 07 October, 2005 05:24, Blogger terry said...

maw, from dictionary.com:

-The mouth, stomach, jaws, or gullet of a voracious animal, especially a carnivore.
-The opening into something felt to be insatiable: “I saw the opening maw of hell” (Herman Melville).

the second definition is apt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->