Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tell me about it...


I suppose there's a little comfort in knowing that I'm not alone, in scraping by each month...

A little.




Over the weekend, I had one of those days that reminds me why I'm willing to put up with the ridiculous cost of living here. The weather was gorgeous, so I decided to walk to the movies, and along the way, I stopped into the coolest bookstore around (Green Apple, for you locals), and did a little windowshopping as I passed the wide variety of stores in my neighborhood. I love that all of this -- great stores, great bars, great eateries -- is within walking distance of my home. I love the ethnic diversity of my neighborhood. I love that I know some of my local merchants by name.

I just wish I wasn't so freakin' broke all the time.

->