Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Now, with Extra Randomness!

Note to Victoria's Secret: putting the word "sexy" on a piece of lingerie actually makes it NOT sexy.

You know what's not a good idea? Washing dishes after having a couple of cosmos. And as some of you know from personal experience, my cosmos are super-sized... so they're especially dangerous. Surprisingly, I didn't break anything... but I suspect everything will need another good rinse today.

Excellent TV show to check out: "No Reservations," with Anthony Bourdain, on the Travel Channel. (Special thanks to Angela, for cluing me in on this one.) It is HILARIOUS. I had to struggle to keep the cosmos from spurting out of my nose as I watched. (Anthony Bourdain, in case you don't know, is the author of the best-seller "Kitchen Confidential," which I hope to read one day. Ang loaned it to me years ago, and I started it several times before she finally asked me to pass it on to Miss Cheese, who will actually read the damned thing.)

You know what the problem is with going to bed at a decent hour? All the waking up through the night. Or is that just me? I was actually in bed by 9:30 last night (yes, I live my life as though I were a 5-year-old)...woke up at midnight... again around 3 a.m.... then again around 4:10, aka, 20 minutes before the alarm goes off. I think I can use this example to rationalize my late nights. I mean, it's not like I'm getting much benefit out of going to bed when I should....

What's the deal with the weather? It's awfully chilly for September. Where's our Indian Summer? (Or should that be, Native American Summer?)

->